Something For the Weekend 2015
This year we tried something new, instead of having the contest the first weekend after the clocks went back we saved it until the summer, this meant much better weather and even more daylight hours, but it also meant a lot of SFTW regulars were doing other events.
All the videos this year are of a great standard and well worth a watch!
It is recommended you watch all the videos in HD and at full screen!
Don't Rain were this years winners in both categories, with Jed Cullen taking Best Trick for his Frontside Blunt on the now defunct Totton vert rampFiner Side
14.01 Skateboard Co.
Bob Gnarly and the Crailers
Team Just Three Sixty
Team Netflix and Chill
2014's SFTW videos:
1. GOLDHOUSE - Dan Lilley, Curtis Scorey, Darren Tate, Phil Sproul, Jamie Platt
2. Rock N Roll Gangsters - Craig Ayling, Chris Dale, Duke Fay.
3. Team Airbourne - Harry King, Jamie Boder, Harvey Clements, Sam Robson + guests
4. HOTMANK - Lee Roy Cooper, Adam Randall, Louis Pulford, Jamie Smith.
5. GAYD1SB - Ross Gilmour Adam Ellard Carlton Hooper Callum Rosenberg
6. H-BLOCK - Jordan Coolbear, Alex May, Alex Wiltshire, Josh Gilroy.
7. Woody Wood Pushers - Sam Hopkins, Aaron Roche, John Williamson, Dominic Grimes.
8. Team NameJak Tonge, Pete Johns, Charlie Smith, Matthew Simmons.
9. Carlos - Lewy Channer, Sammy Bull, Will Luu, Jack Dickinson, Jacob Kitchen and Dexter Mathurine...
10. Head First - Skating: Luke Jones Camera: Andi Hampton & Greg Lindley Edit: Andi Hampton
11. !PLECK - James Almond, Sam Pidgley, Harry Brown and Alex Green.
12. Antiques - Liam Mckee, Alex Langshaw and Kiz Bartlett.
13. Lonely Freestyler - Simon Trigell.
14. Tinhouse Proper Common. - Rob Harris, Justin Davies, Gav Swaffield, Jack Short.
15. Tre Amigos - Matthew Spark, Felipe Camargo, Nigel Whale, Lewis Bowers.
16. Extreme Secret Agents - Rob Safe, Jerome Coquerelle, James Giddings, Ant Barsi.
17. Team C.A.T. - James Needham, Jason Cloete, Joe Paget, Jono Wyborne + GOOSE!
Whats all this about?!
Something For The Weekend is an annual competition I started back in 2008, now in its 8th year SFTW has found a new home at Clay.
The basic premise of the comp is that teams of four or less get a whole weekend to skate and film anywhere in Southampton and its boroughs, then get a further week to put together an edited video, then all the videos get voted on.
Each year has seen more and more people enter, and the level of skating has got better and better.
Have a look at a few of the best of past years entries below: